Monday, October 18, 2010

Ahhh Venice... beach..

Last Monday I was in Venice Beach with my mom and older sister looking for hair dye. It was my first time visiting Venice Beach, and I have to say there are a lot of "interesting" people. While walking down the road, we noticed that they was a filming crew set up next to a house that used to sell marijuana.


I saw one particular guy who was dressed up in African garment with a walking stick and I thought back to my African Studies class. As I stopped to take a picture of the set, the guy came up to me and said hello and how I'm doing. I responded back by saying I'm good. He then quickly walked away so I left as well. I was heading into one of the shops when all of sudden I hear someone shouting "I want to take a chihuahua back to Africa!" I looked over and it was the same guy! And that's not all he said. Many of his phrases were "Where all the rich white people at?" and "I'm a man, not a women!" I was thinking to myself "Holy crap this guy must be on something." I've managed to take a quick picture before I left, not the best quality, but it will do.
"I used to be white!" True quote from this man

2 comments:

  1. So the guy was just a wacky local and not part of something they were filming? I miss LA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. This totally sounds like something you would find, Will. =P

    ReplyDelete